Needleless Laser Acupuncture Treatments
Often times people are hesitant to try acupuncture for the first time because they are afraid of the perceived pain caused by the needles. Even though, in reality acupuncture is painless and has may health benefits, still, many people are simply afraid of the needles that are associated with treatment. As a result, an alternative form of acupuncture using lasers has been introduced that may be right for those that have avoided traditional acupuncture treatments.
Needleless Laser Acupuncture
Cold Laser Therapy is a form of acupuncture that is a noninvasive way to achieve the results of traditional acupuncture without the use of needles. By using LED (Light Emitting Diodes), low-level lasers penetrate the skin and use the same meridian points that are used in traditional acupuncture treatments. The hand-held laser deposits energy into the cells, which then stimulates the brain in a similar manner as needle-based acupuncture. Since this practice does not involve the use of needles, it is ideal for children, elderly patients, and treating sensitive areas, with the exception of tretaments in and around the eyes. Many patients, especially those with a fear of needles or possible pain associated, feel more comfortable with the use of a hand-held laser, as well.
Benefits of Needleless Laser Acupuncture
The benefits of needleless acupuncture include the same health results as needle-based practices, but also include a few additional benefits. Needleless laser acupuncture encourages cell regeneration, promotes new tissue formulation, stimulates hair growth, and boost adenosine triphosphate mitochondria production.
Why Try Acupuncture?
For individuals who have tried other methods of pain management and maintenance, acupuncture offers a long-term answer to a wide array of patients. Stress relief, pain control, and health benefits are just a few reasons why so many individual invest in routine acupuncture services. Gaining popularity as a form of Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture is sweeping across the western world as a method of therapeutic relief and acupuncture has gained worldwide recognition as a beneficial health aide.
Most patients do not immediately select acupuncture as a common form of pain relief and symptom management. However, acupuncture treatments offer long-lasting benefits, that do not involve medication, and is relatively quick, comfortable, and painless.
Health benefits include:
- Improved Circulation
- Muscle Tension Reduction
- Endorphin Stimulation
- Natural Pain Relief
- Raised Energy Levels
- Back Pain and Headache Relief
- Anti-inflammatory Qualities
- Improvement of Fatigue and Mood
- Depression and Anxiety Reduction
- Nausea Relief
These benefits are essential to those with chronic illnesses, those who experience pain on a continuing basis, and those who may suffer from mood and/or mental conditions. By stimulating various pressure points on the body, acupuncture facilitates energy travel and directly affects organs that are connected by nerve endings.
Interaction with Certain Medical Conditions
While regular treatments have a variety of health benefits, acupuncture has shown to be particularly effective for some conditions. That include the following:
- Nausea: After surgery or chemotherapy, while pregnant, and during spinal anesthesia, some patients can become nauseous, which can increase anxiety and induce additional health issues. By applying pressure or stimulating a specific pressure point, known as PC 6, acupuncture can help alleviate nausea or at least bring it down to a more manageable level.
- Cancer: In addition to nausea resolution, acupuncture has proven to alleviate various symptoms of patients who have been diagnosed with cancer, such as pain and stress.
It is also suspected to help with energy levels, but more tests are currently underway to confirm the exact benefits this practice offers for cancer patients.
- Pain: At times, pain levels can be excruciating when it comes to chronic conditions. Postoperative pain, lower back pain, and headache may be relieved by acupuncture, according to preliminary studies. Specifically, the L14 pressure point is often utilized to provide headache relief.
- Arthritis: By facilitating the release of endorphins and serving as an anti-inflammatory, acupuncture has been provide to aide in arthritis relief and pain control.
- Mood Disorders: Oftentimes, medication is used to aide in depression and mood disorders. However, multiple studies have suggested that acupuncture can help improve mood and raise energy levels.
Brad Hill Wellness now offers laser acupuncture for their clients. If you have been afraid to try acupuncture but have been afraid of needles laser acupuncture may be right for you. Call us for a free consultation or to schedule an appointment.